My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

William Booth


William Booth once said...
“In answer to your inquiry, I consider that the chief dangers which confront the coming century will be religion without the Holy Ghost, Christianity without Christ, forgiveness without repentance, salvation without regeneration, politics without God, and heaven without hell.”
Makes you think....right?

Booth's 6 Resolutions
1. That I will rise every morning sufficiently early to wash, dress and have a few minutes, not less than 5, in private prayer.
2. That I will, as much as possible, avoid all that babbling and idle talk, in which I have lately so sinfully indulged.
3. That I will endeavor in my conduct and deportment before the world and my fellow servants especially to conduct myself as a humble, meek, and zealous follower of Christ, and by serious conservation and waning endeavor to lead them to think of their immortal souls.
4. That I will read no less than 4 chapters in god's word every day.
5. That I will strive to live closer to God, and to seek after holiness of heart and leave providential events with God.
6. That I will read over this everyday or at least twice a week.

Wow right? I encourage you to try to live out Booth's 6 resolutions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home