My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's a New Season

Well yesterday was our first GNY Youth chorus rehearsal of the season. It's good to be back although it was kind of annoying having an ice pack on my face the whole time (due to my burn.) I love the youth chorus even more than the band shhh don't tell my dad. I love it because singing the words is very powerful and I believe effective. A couple songs really got me thinking last night. Here are the lyrics
This one is very simple yet very effective and meaningful to me

In All Things

Sometimes it's easy for the circumstance of my present need to chase away any faith in me.
But in my weakness, there is always strength in Your loving hand.
So help me Lord, just to trust and see you plan.
Chorus
In all things, in all things You are King.
Yes You are King.
I won't worry over anything, but I will sing
Jesus You are King.

And the chorus just repeats over and over.
It's funny how the most simple phrases tug at your heart. The whole IN ALL THINGS really gets me. Just think about it. EVERYHTHING IN YOUR LIFE! He needs to be the king of. Wow. Easier to sing than to live right?

And another one
This is a very old song that we are doing for profile night written by Dean Goffin. It talks about Mercy.

Mercy

Welcome, welcome, sinner; hear!
hang not back through shame or fear;
Doubt not, nor distrust the call,
Mercy is proclaimed to all.

Welcome to the offered peace,
Welcome, pris'ner to release;
Burst thy bonds; be saved, be free;
Rise and come - he calleth thee.

Welcome, weeping penitent,
Grace has led thee to relent.
Welcome, long rebellious child,
God by Christ is reconciled.

All ye weary and distressed,
Welcome to relief and rest;
All is ready, hear the call,
There is ample room for all.

I don't know about you but have you ever had that feeling in your stomach when you know it's your time to fall on your knees at the mercy seat and you just sit in refusal. This is the perfect song for that. It blessed me and I hope it blessed you.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Larry said…

    you always bless me. i am praying for you. i got your last email. we are believing the best.

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger jeff said…

    me too Allison. your life is a blessing.

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey! good story about your burn. now which convenience store did you go to around the corps? LOL.

     
  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Cadet Stobes!! said…

    Hey Allison, I'm totally agreeing with what you've written in this blog (and others you've posted recently). There really is such power in music and in lyrics. It's a universal language, people from all walks and all cultures understand the language of music. I know of many people who can recall songs that have impacted them in such a way, be that salvation or accepting a call to officership. People remember songs. I'm reminded of the early day Salvationists. Majority of people in the early army, were not very good with their literacy skills...How did they teach theology? Through songs! I too, am a teenager and absolutely LOVE my songbook! There is a real depth and richness of teaching within the covers. It's our theology, what we believe. May God continue to be glorified by these words and may God's people continue to meet with God during the reading or singing of these words! All of God's blessings for this day Allison!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home