My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

my last sunday

Well today was a bitter sweet day at the corps. Our assistant corps officers Captains Tony and Jennifer Rosamilia are leaving us. They have been such a great addition to the corps and we are sooo sad to see them go. They are going to be corps officers at the white plains corps which isn't too far away but it still won't be the same. Please keep them in your prayers. Speaking of prayers we had a prayer of blessing over them this morning. It's amazing how much more of an impact the prayer makes when we physically come together as a congregation and lay hands on them as we pray for them. It seems to make the prayer much more powerful.




This morning was also my final corps cadet project! EVER! We had to lead a united sunday school...I thought it was loads of fun. I love working with the kids and doing creative things. We told the parable of the woman and the lost coin. It's amazing how much bribing kids with chocolate coins works :) I love those kids.






Today was also my last day at the corps. I'm off to star lake on Friday. This will be my third summer working there. I love it. Please pray for me and the staff of star lake. I think the staff including myself tend to forget how much of an impact we can actually have on these kids. I've been praying for a while that the staff will have a sense of unity and that we will just come together under the love of Christ and help change these children forever.


3 Comments:

  • At 4:00 AM, Blogger Brian's Blog said…

    Luke 5:1-3
    Once when he was standing on the shore of Lake Gennesaret, the crowd was pushing in on him to better hear the Word of God. [2] He noticed two boats tied up. The fishermen had just left them and were out scrubbing their nets. [3] He climbed into the boat that was Simon's and asked him to put out a little from the shore. Sitting there, using the boat for a pulpit, he taught the crowd. (Message)

    Star Lake too Lord!!! Amen

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Larry said…

    Praying for you. I remember when you were one of the little kids.

    I also remember farewells at Hempstead. It was one of the saddest days of my life.

    Keep up the good work. You are a fav.

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    Allison,I got your comment.....I will do something about it :-) (just for you :-))

     

Post a Comment

<< Home