My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Music

This evening was the final rehearsal before the youth band records ALL weekend long! So it was long and tiring and kinda stressful considering my sister who plays the same part as me was sick. I was all alone on my part and right in front of the bandmaster (aka my dad.) That was some scary stuff!!! Anyway about halfway through the rehearsal we started playing all the solo pieces. Doug began to play his flugel solo I Surrender All. It is such a beautiful solo and hearing it resonate throughout the CMT was almost breathtaking. Who would have thought that in the middle of a rehearsal amidst all the stress and counting measures and marking sharps that I would be blessed. Well I was and now the amazing words to this song have become my prayer.

All to Jesus I surrender
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In his presence daily live.

I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me Jesus, take me now.

I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Carole told me that you wrote something about me...you're a sweetheart and I'm glad that the Lord was able to speak to you through that song. You're a great girl Alice - I'm happy to know and love you...

    Doug

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Mhairi said…

    Alice, hahaha!
    she's a something, who would have thought that you could be blessed during a band piece - what a novel idea! We should try that! Cheeky wee monkey!

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Blogger Kapten Clark said…

    This is one of my all-time favorite songs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home