My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fututre All Stars

This past weekend was future all stars. This is the 4th one i believe. I have been to every one. It is such a great weekend. This year it was held at the Lodge at Star Lake Camp which is new because we normally stay in cabins and practice in Hilltop. So yeah the weekend was amazing. There was loads of playing. We played for like 6 hours on Saturday! More then I have ever practiced! hahaa...There were people from every Territory in the US plus people from Canada. It is so awesome to meet new people at events like this. I actually have kept in contact with a lot of people that I met at All Stars over the years and continue to do so. Devotions were lead by the Moretz's throughout the weekend. They were great. We focused on the book of Hebrews. We learned a lot about FAITH- Forsaking All I Trust Him. We also learned about being itinerant. And realizing that this world is not our home but a temporary place. REAL home is in Heaven with our Lord and Savour. After each time of devotionals we were assigned to a prayer partener one staff bandsmen/women and another delegate. We then discussed questions based on the devotions and prayed about them. It was a great experience. I cannot explain how much love and sense of oneness I felt during the weekend. It really was truely amazing.
Saturday morning after a band rehearsal a couple staff bandsmen did something we call a solimony. Which is a solo and a testimony. They were all excellent. After the day of practicing and a little free time we had the evening meeting. I was soo nervous all day because I was asked to play a solo. I don't think I have ever been so nervous in my entire life! I played a simple yet meaningful solo, The Heart Of Worship. It went well. When I played the solo I just prayed the words of the tune as I was playing it. "When the music fades all is stripped away and I simply come. Longing just to bring something that's of worth that will bless your heart. I'll bring you more than a song for a song in itself is not what you hvae required. You search much deeper within, through the way things appear. Your looking into my heart. I'm coming back to the heart of worship and it's ALL about you, it's all about you Jesus. I'm sorry Lord for the thing I've made it, when it's all about you, all about you Jesus. King of endless worth, no one could express how much you deserve. Though I'm weak and poor, all I have is yours, every single breath."
The people there were so amazingly gifted and the best part is that they give it all back to God in Worship.
Sunday morning we had our own church service instead of going to a corps like in previous years. We had a time of testimony. It was amazing. My friend Laura Foley from California was just saying how truely amazing it is that we can all be together and meet eachother and praise the Lord together. Lots of people were thanking God that the weather didn't stop them from getting there. I was blessed. We then played a Hallelujah Chorus called In Christ Alone. When the band played the third verse to this song it was as if angels were in the room. I got goosebumps and I couldn't even play. All I could hear in my head were the words... There in the ground His body lay, light of the world by darkness slainl Then, bursting forth in glorious day, up from the grave He rose again! And as he stands in vicotry, sin's curse has lost its grip on me; For I am His and He is mine, Bought with the precious blood of Christ.
I couldn't get this song out of my head for the longest time here are all of the verses. It's a great tune :)

1. In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This Cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease.
My comforter, my All in All,
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

2. In Christ alone, who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
'Til on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied.
For every sin on Him was laid;
Here in the death of Christ I live.

3. There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slainl
Then, bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as he stands in vicotry,
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine,
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

4. No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
can ever pluck me from His hand;
'Til he returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand!

I'm hoping to get some pictures up soon.

8 Comments:

  • At 1:05 AM, Blogger Katie said…

    Glad to hear you had a blessed and fun time. I always loved the final concerts that you guys did. Michael and I are coming home for a visit in a few weeks. Give our love to the family.

     
  • At 6:55 AM, Blogger BrownEyedGirl said…

    What a great testimony of what God did on that ALL STAR weekend. I am blessed for reading this! It sounds like God's Spirit showed up in many ways.

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Allison! In Christ Alone is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES! It's an awesome song for Altos!! It goes down to that nice low register.
    Glad you like it! : ) Miss you!

    KT

     
  • At 6:35 PM, Blogger Berryinteresting said…

    Sounds like God signed up for All Star Weekend -- just like you! Glad all went well and people actually got there. I was in Florida -- sorry -- but really praying for all who attended. Loved your comments -- and so glad to hear your testimony --ALWAYS! I can see it in your eyes! Blessings, girl -- see you at the circus ?

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Thats so wonderful that the Lord showed up... i love when he does that.. :) i love you. :)

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Larry said…

    glad to hear that the weekend was good for you. remember when we play our instruments, or sing or take part in a drama, it is not performance, it is ministry.

     
  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Mhairi said…

    Oneness - what a lovely word to describe church

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Soulpadre said…

    Your comments about praying the words as you play are rocking my world, and I praise GOD for you, Allison.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home