My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Contentment

You know what is bothering me more than anything recently? Being Content. It bothers me that people including myself sometimes feel content in the way that we are living. Shouldn't we always be striving for more? Shouldn't we never be satisfied and always want more? I'm talking about in the church of course just incase some of you were thinking something else. It bothers me when people are content with the amount of people in their congregation and content with the amount of kids in their program. Sometimes I sit and think of the Salvation Army and how we have so much potential! We can change the whole world! I think some of us just need a kick in the butt to get in gear. I'm not saying that the Army isn't doing alot already. Ofcourse it is but there is soo much more that we can do! Locally and internationaly. I think that people, including myself sometimes care too much about our own desires, what WE want and what is good for US. We need to realize that it's not about us all the time. It's about them. It's about the abandoned and unloved and unsaved druggies and alocoholics, it's about the people in the community who are going down a dark path. I don't really know where all this is going but I needed to get it out. Advice and criticism is greatly appreciated :)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you started reading the book "The Battle Cry" by Ron Luce yet? It is very motivating, and definitely discusses what you are addressing here in your entry.

     
  • At 10:42 PM, Blogger Berryinteresting said…

    As long as there is discontent, there will be growth. And let's travel on the path to God in our discontent. It took me a long time to find you, but you're worth looking for. Don't expect tons of blogs from me, but I'm trying a little harder. God bless your journey.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home