My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

This Week

Wow, this week flew by. Wednesday I took a trip to THQ. Stephen and Seth had to pick up their uniforms from trade. We hung out with Mhairi all day. We went to IKEA and bought 11 frames for the old posters in the youth department, andthen attempted to put the posters in the frames. Oh what fun! Then Lindsay came back with us.


Thursday we had an international buffet to raise money for the hero fund. It was a great success. Lots of work and planning went into the event. And we successfully made $430.00 praise the Lord! We also had Raymond Livingston come and he sang and we all sang together and it really went well. Then Felix Padilla came (late ofcoarse) and stayed over. We hung out and played board games and just had a great time talking with eachother. I can't say how much I love having good christian friends to hang out with. We have our serious times and silly times and we can talk about anything. I love them soo much and I thank God for the good times that we can have together.




Friday was the Fet. We went into the city to go to American Eagle and to eat at the Salvation Army HOTSPOT, Sammys. I have to say I have never been so nervous for anything in my ENTIRE LIFE! For many it was just another FET but for me this was the first time performing in a vocal quartet. I was shaking and the rehearsal before it didn't go well so I was on the verge of crying. Thankfully Mhairi came and sorta calmed me down a little bit. I then sat in the bandroom and just prayed for like 20 minutes. That is not like me to not be social before an FET but I was way too nervous! I came to the realization that I care WAY to much about other peoples opinions. I am soo self conscious when it comes to performing in front of a bunch of Salvation Army people and people that I know! Anyway Paul helped me to realize that I shouldn't care about what other people think because it was my personal offering to God. Anyway, no major mistakes happend only on my solo I was extremely shakey. Anyway, Pastor Jim Cymbala once again blessed me with his message. He is a very powerful speaker and definitely gets me thinking about a whole lot of stuff. In particular my family. Anyway after it was over I got to talk to allot of people that I don't see very often, so that was good :) Then I was off to Sunset park, Brooklyn to stay at the Padilla's house. We had lots of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home