My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Young Adult Retreat

Well, God answers prayers because our whole youth chorus was moved by the spirit this weekend. It was very different for us because we have never lead worship. I think it went well. Friday night Mrs.Hickman spoke about the theme Relevant. I say between the lovely Mrs.Bate and the amazingly spiritual Major Munn. Wow! Saturday morning we lead 30 minutes of praise and worship, although it was early it went really well. Then we went to three different sessions. First I went to Major Munns session on holiness. I heard Major Munn speak about it at the Youth Holiness Advance before but it was refreshing to hear it again. Then I went to Mrs.Hickmans session on being a christian woman in this world. She really nailed it! It was awesome. Then I went to Paul Dymott's session on balancing everything in your life. Work/school, Family/friends, and ofcoarse your time with God. He did this really cool exercise with nails. He had a nail in a block of wood and asked us to balance 14 other nails on top of it. After 10 minutes I started to think it was impossible. Well it wasn't, Paul showed us a certain way that it would work. Obviously the moral was that God was the nail in the block and with Him as your source, you can balance everything. Andthen I had my interview for Star Lake. Mrs. Stoops said that I am already hired, so that was comforting. Then Captain Hickman blessed us all with his wonderful message. God really spoke to us all through his message, it even brought many of us to tears. I was crying through the whole thing. It was very moving and I was extremely blessed. God is Good!

As for today, church was cancelled. The snow and I have a love/hate relationship. I love the way it looks and how it lets us have off school, but I hate when I have to shovel it all. Oh well.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger BrownEyedGirl said…

    Nice update! :) You are a blessing!

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger bedemike said…

    Good to hear of your great weekend. Quite a round-up of guests/presenters, with a lot of great things to share.

    I'd like to know how Paul balanced all those nails - maybe I'll swipe his trick for our Young Adult Retreat in Empire in April!;-)

     
  • At 10:32 PM, Blogger Allison Ward said…

    it's kinda hard to explain, I don't know if you'll understand but I'll give it a try. First you lay a nail down. Then on top you flip a nail around 90 degrees facing one way andthen the same the other way. you keep going down the nail until you have equal sides (6 on each) and one left. Then you put the one on top of them and hold the bottom one and the top one together. You carefully lift it up and balance it on the head of the nail in the block of wood.
    Hopefully it made some sence. lol If not you can e-mail Paul, maybe he can explain it better :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home