My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Divisional Youth Chorus

Well tonight I was at DHQ for a divisional youth chorus rehearsal..Gavin Whitehouse (a relatively new member of the GNY music and creative arts department) is the leader. He is awesome and has an awesome choice in music..Anyway we started looking at songs for the Good Friday easter service. He shared with us a story about his last Good Friday in Australia..there was a soloist for this song and she couldn't finish her solo because she was soo touched by the words singing as was I, as I was singing them tonight.. The name of the song is That's what the blood was for. These are the words

Verse 1
When I think of all the times that I have failed my precious Lord,
Or turned my back and walked the other way.
My heart is filled with sadness, and I'm overcome with shame,
Ridden with the guilt of my mistakes; but when I fall before Him and cryout in regret,

Chorus
He whispers, "my child don't forget, That's what the blood was for,
to pay what you could never afford,
To cleanse you and free you ad see you restored, that's what the blood was for."

verse 2
I may never understand how such a good and holy God
could shower me so freely with His love.
It's so hard to imagine that after all I've done,
My simple plea could ever be enough.
But when I stand before Him, He sees all my faults and yet

Chorus
He whispers "my child, don't forget, that's what the blood was for
to pay what you could never afford,
To cleanse you and free you ad see you restored, that's what the blood was for."

Some verses to think about: Psalm 139: 1-10, 1 Oh Lord you have searched me and you know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord, 5 You hem me in-behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. 7 Where can I go from your spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go to the heavens, you are there; If I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me, and your right hand will hold me fast.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home