My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Jeremy Camp

Wow...the concert was way better then I expected it to be. I have to say that my expectations weren't very high for this concert. Boy was I wrong..It was absolutely amazing. The concert consisted of Jeremy Camp and band, Building429, and Koo Chung/ Jinny Kim. You may know some of Jeremy's music, he wrote the popular song, "I'll Take You Back," and he also wrote a song for the Chronicles of Narnia. Everything was soo amazing, it was hard to believe that it was in the CMT! All the awesome lights and the music blasting loud, it was my kind of concert! The atmosphere was clearly filled with Gods presence. No one was afraid to worship, it wasn't awkward, it was just amazing. The concert was completely sold out, there was not one seat empty in the entire temple! (I wish it was like that for FET) Building429 was amazing. They ended their part of the concert with the simple tune "I Love You Lord" it was really nice, they had the crowd sing it andthen the lights slowly dimmed as the crowd was singing and they left the stage, no applause or anything. It wasn't their moment to shine it was Gods moment.

Anyway Jeremy Camp told a story about himself. His first wife, Melissa died of cancer. He was initially attracted to her in the way she worshiped the Lord. They then started seeing eachother andthen got engaged, and married. Soon after they were married Melissa got the news that she had cancer and she was going to die. When Jeremy first walked into her hospital room, Melissa was smiling. She knew she was going to die but that didn't stop her from worshipping the Lord. She said to him as long as I have lived a christian life and helped lead people to Christ, my work here is done. Jeremy said that there were days when he was on the hospital floor just crying his eyes out and Melissa would say just trust and worship the Lord. Camp says this, "Even with all the pain surrounding melissa's passing, it blows my mind to think of how many people have been strengthened by her story and how it has lead me to lean on the Lord. To have that hurt find healing and meeting Adrienne (his new wife) confirms that God has a perfect plan for our lives. Adrienne has been so blown away by Melissa's testimony and I've been so moved by how genuinely excited and interested she is in serving the Lord. It helps me to see that our faithfulness also means He'll never leave your side no matter how deep your sense of struggle may get."

After all the cleaning up, Stephen and I went to the back stage. Jeremy was there talking to some fans. I know that my best friend Lindsay loves his music so I decided to get his autograph for her. He willing signed the back of my All Access Pass and after his signiture wrote Acts 20:24, "However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the Gospel of God's grace."

Heres a picture we took with him. me and stephen look awful, but Jeremy looks great! I was amazed how he looks nice after a concert and me and Stephen looked gross! Oh well Hahaa

1 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM, Blogger BrownEyedGirl said…

    NO WAY!!!! How cool is that picture! First a cell phone and now this!
    You can copy me anytime...you are awesome! You should have been wearing you HAB shirt! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home