My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Love

Lately I've been thinking alot about the word "love" and well it just so happens to be Valentines day too! Yesterday I had divisional Youth Chorus and we were practicing a song for the Easter FET and the Chorus was I love you, I love you, that's what Calvery said, I love you, I love you, I love you written in red. Now reading that and hearing it sung are two very different things. The way the notes fall into place in this song makes the words I love you really think about God loving us. After sining that I decided to look up the word love in both the dictionary and the bible. The dictionary said- A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness. Then in the bible, the characteristics of love - well ofcoarse 1 Corinthians 13. But next to that in my bible says this. Genuine love is a choice to act a certain way, regardless of how you feel. Love is patient when you're frusterated, kind when others are unkind. Love always seeks good of the other person. Love does not get mad easily or hold grudges. Love is trusting, protective, hopeful and strong. TRUE LOVE IS TO LOVE AS GOD LOVES. I find it interesting how different these two definitions are.
The fact that God loves all of us SOO much that he gave His son to die on the cross for OUR sins stills boggles my mind and forever will!
So next time you say I love you to someone think about what love really means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home