My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Life's Great

Well as the title says life's great. I honestly don't have anything to complain about.

This past week I was accepted to the Salvation Army's Eastern Territory Hands ON Missions team. I will be going with 7 other people to Argentina for 6 weeks. We will be having an orientation at Star Lake Camp the week before and a debrief plus some work at the Old ORchard Camp Meetings in August. I am so excited! Pray for me!

More good news. For those of you who don't know my brother Tim he hasn't been to church in years. He left the army a number of years ago and hasn't been back. He still lives with us. Well anyway he asked me to shave all his hair off on Thursday. lol. I of course jumped to the opportunity (when I was younger I ALWAYS wanted to be a hair dresser) this was like my dream come true! Anyway as I was shaving all his hair off he said to me "Allison I think I'm going to start going to a church." I was thrilled. So pray for him, that he will stay true to his word and actually go.

MORE good news. I have been chatting a lot recently with a friend of mine. I hadn't really spoken to him in a long time but this past week I felt like God was telling me to talk to the person. So I did and it turns out there is a whole lot going on in his life right now and he is... well just a mess. So I've been trying to talk out all hiss issues with him and I actually convinced him to come to tonights Good Friday service. He showed up!!! It was great. Please pray for him too. He is going through a whole lot.

MORE GOOD news. My art teacher put one of my pieces in an art contest and I won! Haahaa I got a check and everything!

MORE GOOD NEWS. My parents are finally behind me with going to RAilton. I am almost done with my application and I am looking forward to spending two years in the Railton School for Youth Worker training. That is IF I get accepted :)

So life is going great. I praise God for the times like these when everything is running smoothly.

Happy Easter Everyone.

I just want to share with you a few verses that I have been concentrating on this week.

James 5:16 "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."

Isaiah 61

The Year of the LORD's Favor

1 The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, [a]
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,

3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.

Philippians 2:14-16 this verse is very near and dear to my heart :)
14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out[a] the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home