My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

FAW

So this past weekend was my last Future All Stars. I have been going since it started...man I'm getting old!! Well let me tell you about the weekend.

First I had the privilege to meet up with my former corps officers Major's Larry and Janet Ashcraft. It was so good to see them even though they interrogated me about everything!! haha I'm so glad that they are apart of my life. I love that they care and listen to what is on my heart and mind. I love them :)

Anyway after that we went straight to rehearsals. We rehearsed and had our prayer partner times. Lucky me I had the privilege of having two staff band prayer partners, Artie Henry and Scott Garman. I know both of them very well so it was very easy to talk freely. My delegate prayer partner was Jeanie, she is from Michigan. She was also my roomate. She is such a nice person and we had so much fun together. The Rocks led us in our devotion times. The theme of the weekend was Victory and in our devotional time we focused on prayer. Different ways of praying like listening prayer, praying the bible etc. It was good stuff and it brought up lots of conversation in our small group.

Saturday morning the NYSB had a mini concert along with some testimonies. My sister gaver her testimony :) Anyway the rest of that day was all rehearsing and prayer time. We did have some free time and I spent that with my good friend Lindsay who I haven't seen in ages.

Sunday morning was good. We were at the School for Officers Training. We had our worship time with the cadets and their families and the training school staff. During the meeting Mrs. Rock led a time of testimonies. You know when you just get the feeling and you know you gotta stand up and say what is on your heart? Well that was how I felt. I stood up, and began to speak about a piece that the NYSB played during their Saturday morning mini concert. It was called In Christ Alone which is one of my favorites and it was a Euphonium solo played by Aaron Vanderwheele. Throughout the weekend we focused a lot on the lyrics behind the pieces. It's all fine and great if you get the notes right but if you don't know the meaning behind it, what good is it? So I then read the verses to the song.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease
My Comforter, my All in All
Here in the love of Christ I stand

In Christ alone, who took on flesh
Fullness of God in helpless babe
This gift of love and righteousness
Scorned by the ones He came to save
'Till on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live

There in the ground His body lay
Light of the world by darkness slain
Then bursting forth in glorious Day
Up from the grave He rose again
And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost it's grip on me
For I am His and He is mine
Brought with the precious blood of Christ

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand
'Till He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand

The last verse really struck me. No guilt, fear, power of hell or scheme of man can ever take me away from my Lord! How awesome is that! So yeah I just talked about that.

Then we had our big concert in the afternoon. I think it went ok. It's just hard to try and get it all right when you have less than two days to learn it all. I think we did really well considering the circumstances.

OVerall it was a great weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home