My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Senior Soldier!


YOu need to remember that Seth, Stephen and I had a little "get together" with some good friends the night before, so we are looking a little rough :)


Well, it's now official, I am a Senior Soldier of The Salvation Army! Today, Stephen and Seth Ditmer, Natasha Murray and myself became enrolled as Soldiers. It was great! Thank you Mhairi for being my Witness for the signing! your awesome...Oh yeah, And Major Stoops decided to suprise me by bringing ALL of the leadership staff to my enrollment! oH bOY what an awesome suprise! Many people where there to support us too, the Hickmans, the Formans, many of our friends, ALL OF CAMP LEADERSHIP! Mhairi, Paul, Soo many people and I can't Thank God enough for them! I'm am sooo blessed to have so many leaders and officers in my life to help me along the way. Sometimes I think I take them for granted and I shouldn't. So I've decided to make a list of some people who have influenced me and helped me in many ways (no specific order)

Mhairi
Mrs.bate
Tabitha
Captain and Mrs.Hickman
Major and Mrs.Stoops
Major and Mrs.Ashcraft
Paul
Colonel and Mrs.Knaggs
Major and Mrs.Forman
the Ditmers
Lindsay Waiksnoris
Joel and Kathleen Ashcraft
Dan Shade
Alright I'm drawing a blank right now but there are plenty more people!
I encourage you to take the time to think about people who have influenced your lives and pray for them and thank God for them.
Have a GREAT DAY!

P.S. I'm off to the WONDERFUL STAR LAKE CAMP ON FRIDAY!

11 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    We are so proud of you and the commitment you made today. We wish we could have been there. We love you very much and continue to keep you in our prayers. we hope to see you soon!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger BrownEyedGirl said…

    I love you! Hey...when do we see pictures??? One of the four of you must have some. Those who couldn't be there are interested!

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Andi-bo-bandi said…

    Congrats lady! Have an awesome summer at camp, I'm going to miss being there. :(

     
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger BrownEyedGirl said…

    Thanks for the picture!
    You guys look great.

    I just noticed on your blog site that your last post was about the four young people in your area who were killed in the car crash. Then this post about four young people dedicating their lives to God. I remember you saying that one of the kids in the car who died was meant to graduate this week and again I look and there stand Steven. I am not saying it means anything…just something I noticed.

     
  • At 9:07 PM, Blogger BrownEyedGirl said…

    sorry about all the mistakes in my comment.;)

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Kapten Clark said…

    Dear Allison:

    We got your lovely letter in the mail today, and it was such a wonderful surprise! We also got letters from Linda Johnson and Major David Cedervall. Three personal letters in one day, full of encouragement and prayer -- we are thrilled! These letters brought tears to my eyes, to think that you are thinking of us and praying for us, it is appreciated so VERY much!

    We are sending our 16-year-old son off to Battle School at 614 Vancouver for the summer. We are also moving this week (from Tartu to Tallinn, Estonia)! So we are really in extra need of prayer right now.

    Congratulations on your enrollment. I wonder if you would be interested in being pen-pals with some of our teens here who speak English?

    Captain Evelyn Clark
    Estonia

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Larry said…

    hey we wish we could have been there. we love you.

    hopefully, we will get to see you when we pass through NY this summer.

     
  • At 4:10 PM, Blogger pia said…

    u have an awesome blog! God bless

     
  • At 4:03 AM, Blogger pia said…

    Yeah im in highschool. 2 more years & ill graduate. cant wait!!
    i work in my friend's company & i sell computer software. Its okay for a summer job i guess.
    well, but i live in estonia. do u even know where is it?

     
  • At 4:28 PM, Blogger pia said…

    yeah, estonia is next to russia. & we do have to learn geography.:p & ofcourse its nit really hard to find the states on a map:p
    ill probably be visiting states next year, but not for camps. im goin to visit my friends in philadelphia. the majors in a salvation army in philly. the wittenbergs..have u heard of them? they served in esstonia for 2,5 years & left last january. so i hope to visit them next summer!
    when exatly are u leaving for camp?

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger pia said…

    Im pretty sure ur gonna have lots of fun in that camp. Id like to be there;)
    Actually my parents arent officers. They're not even christians. Are ur parens officers?
    Yeah, i was born in estonia.
    But once ur back from camp id like to hear more about usa's schoolsystem!
    be blessed & have fun!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home