My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

My Friends

I love my friends!
This past weekend was a three day weekend. A couple of my friends and I decided to make plans..though some of our plans fell through due to our committment to our Sunday Morning at the corps, we still managed to figure something out. Saturday was Katherine and Felix's graduation/birthday party, they are now 18! so we had an amazing time dancing various different styles of Spanish music, especially seeing Stephen, Seth, Lindsay and myself seen as though we were the whitest people there! Lol anyway..Late Saturday night Lindsay came back with Stephen, Seth and I and we all stayed at the Ditmers house. We stayed up till 5 in the morning talking about various things. Good things, bad things, this summer..anyway, when we started to hear the birds chirping we realized it was time for bed.
After church on sunday we went up to Jen Genslers house and met up with her and Juliann. We went to the palisades mall and back to jens house. We had a firepit on the deck next to a swing and we sat around sang songs and talked and talked and looked at myspaces lol.. Yes I said we sang! lol we sand we are marching in the light of God for Mrs.Bate! :) and we sang Kumbaya and some partiotic songs for the holiday. As I was swinging on the swing, by the fire, huddeled up with some of my closest friends I was glowing with happiness and I took a moment to thank God! Thanking Him for these wonderful people who I LOVE being around. Although some of you may find it hard to believe we do actually get into some pretty serious conversation. That's what I love about my friends! We are not scared to talk about situations and conflicts with one another.
Whenever I leave things like that, I always get soooo sad. I realize now that some of us are almost done with high school and moving on in life and it scares me! I want to just be in a place with all my friends and NEVER LEAVE! Do you ever feel like that? Like something is just sooo perfect and you are sooo happy andthen you go back into the real world and you feel soo depressed?
So I'm back in the "real world" feeling down, but looking forward to the next time we will be together, like this summer at star lake camp! Wooohoo!

Just a couple pics of me chillen with some cool people at dairy queen during youth councils!
Props to Stephen!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger BrownEyedGirl said…

    I loved the song. I am saving it on my phone! Now,if I can only figure out how to make it my ringtone..( too complicated for us old people! LOL!)
    Good friends, good times...Isn't that what you say Alison?!
    All good things are from God.
    BTW- the picture of you eating ice cream is a work of art. You guys are too fun!

     
  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Allison Ward said…

    haha yeah I always say good times! EVeryone gets mad because I always say it and they think it's cheesy! lol good times hahaha

     

Post a Comment

<< Home