My Life

Proverbs 27:19 (NLT) As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Books, books and more books!!!

Well I have to say that the only time I really read a book is when I HAVE to for school, sometimes I don't even read the school book! Good thing for SparkNotes! HEhehe...anyway after hearing all this talk about the book Blue Like Jazz, I decided that I would ask to borrow it from someone..I was at camp this weekend working women's camp and asked Paul if he had it..he let Major Stoops borrow it so I will get it in youth band rehearsal on monday! :) so Paul also gave me two other books by Donald Miller, the same author of blue like jazz. Through Painted Deserts and Searching for God Knows What. I've started Searching for God Knows What and I love it! It's the first book I've ever read where I don't want to stop reading, where I actually laugh at some points and actaully have some serious thoughts! I love how real the author is. He doesn't try to cover up his feelings with fancy words! OH MAN I LOVE IT!! So thank you, all the MANY people who mentioned Blue Like Jazz and actually helped me to enjoy reading! And ofcoarse Paul for letting me borrow them :)


Have any of you read a book by Donald Miller, specifically one of the three that I mentioned? Did you like them? what are your thoughts?

3 Comments:

  • At 8:05 AM, Blogger Kathleen said…

    I've wanted to read Blue Like Jazz for a while, just haven't had much time. Maybe I'll look into what other books he writes too.
    Last week I picked up a book and read it in about two days. That's a record for me. It was Mitch Albom's "The Five People You Meet in Heaven." It was a great book. It taught some great life lessons. After that book I just went to the next book in my parent's shelf which is an Albom book called "Tuesday's with Morrie." I've started that...can't say I finished it in two days, but it's good. I'm only at page 30. hehe
    This is the first time in my life that I haven't been forced to read anything for school. I've learned to enjoy reading. It's not such a chore anymore. I wish I learned that younger, but it's never too late! I'm going to post soon about my reading experience! :-)

     
  • At 7:47 PM, Blogger BrownEyedGirl said…

    I never learned to appreciate books until the last three months of my Sr. Year in High School. I love books now. I can get lost in them.

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Soulpadre said…

    Hey, it's great to see that you have found Donald Miller, have you seen his web page?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home